Monday, October 4, 2010

My Mood Scale

So I have a few things I've been thinking about that I'd like to blog on but I am going to separate them into different posts.  My first one is my mood scale.  In an effort to keep track of my ups and downs I'm going to try to chart my mood each day.  I have this thing about going to the doctors where they will ask how I am and I will always say "Good".  Hey, I'm not suicidal at the moment so it's a good thing, right?  So here is the scale I came up with:

10: Just lost the house in a hand of poker, pass the rum!
9:  ?
8:  ?
7:  Functional in or out of the house, filter broken, unnecessary jokes, starting several projects w/o finishing them
6:  ?
5:  NORMAL – can leave the house and handle problems, this makes me very happy
4:  Fairly functional around the house, will go out if needed (prefer to have hubby with me), happy, get dressed and shower
3:  Borderline functional/weepy, easily overwhelmed
2:  Weepy/crying, overwhelmed, tired, frustrated, rocking self
1:  Screaming, crying, pulling hair out, punching self, etc
0:  Suicidal, call 911


NOTES:
-  Moving down in scale often brings anger.
-  Not sure if 7 is correct.  Could be 6 or 8.  Do not get above 5 enough to be able to document.
-  For the record, I've never been a 10.
-  Sleepy for all levels.

Now I just need to try to stick with it.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I have been to 10. Is it possible that I am your alter ego... we are complete opposites? I very seldom go under 5.

    --- I think you 7 should be your 8. I think 5 should be repeated at 6 - placing a normal on both sides. The list will be more evenly distributed then. Just my opinion.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    Shut the fuck up. Who asked you. Um, I mean... Thanks for your opinion. I'll take that into consideration.

    Fetus

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - not sure how this mood scale is going to work. Yesterday I gave myself a 4 because I was feeling pretty good. Got down to a 2 at one point but then back up to a 4 within an hour. PLUS - there was no way I would have left the house yesterday.

    Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete